|Social and Physical Urban Environment and Cardiovascular Health: The much needed population approach Health Healthy Hoods|
Universidad de Alcalá (UAH)- Madrid, Spain
The University of Alcalá (www.uah.es) offers a Research Data Manager position in the research group “Social and cardiovascular Epidemiology” coordinated by Dr. Manuel Franco, to work on the project:
Social and Physical Urban Environment and Cardiovascular Health: The Much Needed Population Approach
Health Healthy Hoods
This project combines a rigorous epidemiological design with a social science perspective measuring the urban environment of all neighbourhoods in Madrid city correlating these results with cardiovascular primary care health records.
For more information on the group and the Heart Healthy Hoods project visit: https://hhhproject.eu
The Research Data Manager will support research data collection and management activities as part of the HHH project. Required tasks are as follows:
• To manage datasets/variables and to perform data cleaning
• To merge, create and recode variables to prepare data for different analyses.
• To develop data cleaning programs for new forms and run data cleaning programs for existing forms.
• To develop and implement data quality assurance procedures to ensure validity and reliability of study results.
• To develop analytical code for use in a highly collaborative environment.
• To write detailed documentation/specifications for analysis data sets and related files.
• To perform analyses on large, complex datasets and documents analyses using different statistical software packages.
• To create tables and figures in publication-quality form summarizing the results of statistical analyses and present results orally to study investigators.
• To maintain the integrity and security of data during data processing.
• Communicate with the principal investigator and the HHH team regularly with respect to data quality and problems.
Bachelor's degree in related discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience required. The candidate should have excellent organizational, communication and writing skills in English and Spanish. Excellent programming skills in Stata, SPSS, R, or equivalent statistical package required. The applicant must have worked with large data sets, creating programs and generating tables.
Prior Stata or SPSS data management experience strongly preferred. Prior collaborative research experience a plus. Experience working with data close to the point of data generation or collection is desirable.
The University of Alcalá offers:
Contract: A 2,5 year full-time contract with a 6 months trial period. Status: Full Time
Annual gross Salary: depends on qualifications and experience of the candidate.
Integration in a young research group with an excellent scientific and personal environment Tentative starting date: Oct/Nov 2016
Location: School of Medicine of Alcala and National School of Public Health, ISCIII, Campus Chamartin, Madrid.
Contact: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTE 1: Every candidate should pass successfully a skill/capability test, including programing, managing and cleaning of large databases within others activities…
Applicants should submit: (1) a current CV, (2) a cover letter written in English stating your motivation to join the project, and (3) reference letter from two academic referees to email@example.com before November 7, 2016.